Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Almost 30



I seldom blog because I always think I'm too busy-- so what a more opportune time to sit and write a blog than when I am trying to get my life back in order...

One of my most memorable posts has been about the Ice Cream Man talking about the guy who always seems to have a hold on you no matter what, and oddly enough since that post there have been more reoccurrences of a new Ice Cream Man and that feeling/issue than I'd ever be comfortable revealing.

Over these past few years I have changed and grown in more ways than one, mentally, physically and socially but none more than spiritually.

When I say "get my life back in order" let me not exaggerate things haven't completely fell apart like Chinua Achebe's book or like the main character in a Richard Wright novel, I'd refer my current life status as a Terry McMillan character because shit just isn't going the way I thought it would be.

As I near my 30th year of life on this earth my perspective on things just really has changed and not because I honestly wanted it to but because that is LIFE and looking at my friends around me maybe I am the "New Black Woman": 30 something, no husband, no kids, career driven, multiple degrees, hustling and grinding, responsibilities higher than Mt Everest, lover of wine and trying to get a six-pack on a beer gut diet.

Don't get me wrong, for the most part I want all of those things I don't have-- seriously who doesn't want love-- but how do I truly have it all? It's a common conversation amongst my friends and I (even the married ones) how do I get this, that and the third without seeming greedy, unappreciative, or angry and sadly none of us know.

When I figure it out I'll be sure to blog about it but for now I'm pushing on one crunch at a time, sipping wine and enjoying life as it is... Pray for me ya'll!


No comments:

Post a Comment